A Wonderful Interview - Week 2

     Welcome back to my Experiential Leadership Blog!! This week we will be discussing what I think my own personal skills are and I will interview an individual to see what their job experience has been like. I will use the new insights I learn from these two things to help me to build my resume. I will also self reflect on the process so far as I continue on the journey through Experiential Leadership.
Image result for resume building     After watching the video of the TED talk, I realized that skills aren't restricted to what some expensive school taught you and that what you can learn on your own can be life changing. I personally believe my skills include things such as the ability to troubleshoot many different problems, knowing how to do some basic video and audio editing, being able to mix audio, being able to coordinate lighting, and being able to work with the tools I have in creative ways. Most of these skills I didn't learn in school. Most of this I learned on my own.
Image result for mr bart     I had the pleasure of interviewing one of our teachers at Pentucket this morning. He is quite an interesting man, always tries to make his class entertaining, and has a job he choose, not because of the money, but for his enjoyment as Mr. Bartholomew explained when he said "from a personal satisfaction [view] it would be teaching  [that is the most satisfying] and I would favor personal satisfaction over monetary, perhaps even to a fault." Mr Bart is a curious man, and you can tell from his interview, which is linked below. He had the drive to do something he enjoys. One thing I learned from my interview with him is that going out there are interning and learning from professionals before he even had a degree helped him to get into a career he loves. I think that getting a jump start on my experience now during this class can help me in the future, just as Mr Bart did. I can build up some experience and some references before I go into the field I choose.
     I have not gotten much done this week yet, it's gonna be a busy Sunday evening. So far I have compiled a contact list for two different local television programs, and have started my resume. I still need to finish my resume, but first I need to do my skills sheet. I haven't done anything thinking really about my research project, except that I think I want to do something about the history of how information is publicly communicated (i.e. the history of television, or radio, or some other communication method).
     That's it for this week's blog! Catch ya next Friday! See you in class Dr. Bent!!

See a transcription of my interview with Mr Bart HERE

Comments

  1. Great interview with Mr. Bart and good job for getting some things together...try not to wait until Sunday night to do everything...this is a bad habit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that you mentioned not having to go to a fancy school to get an education. One thing I’ve noticed through your experience in high school with tech crew, and technology in general, is that you always strive to master what you are interested in. Many times teachers can’t offer all the information for you and you go and try to learn it on your own. From looking at your list of skills, I can tell that it is very accurate to what I see from an outsider perspective as well. It is sometimes difficult to see yourself from an objective point of view and you did it really well. I liked what you shared of your interview with Mr.Bart. It is important that he loves his job as much as he does. I really liked the pictures you included but I would cite them if you don't want to be attacked by Ms.Costello! I hope that your contacts work out for your project, it sounds really exciting.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment